Denise M. Torres is a sole practitioner in the Law Firm of Denise Torres, LLC, specializing in providing clients with mediation, legal representation and advice on all aspects of personal injury in the Las Cruces, New Mexico area and throughout the state. She was admitted to the New Mexico Bar in 1993 and began her legal career with Angel Saenz. The firm of Saenz & Torres, limited its practice to personal injury, wrongful death and medical malpractice. Torres started her own firm in 2013.
A native New Mexican from Truth or Consequences, Denise M. Torres was a Presidential Scholar and earned an undergraduate degree from the University of New Mexico Anderson Schools of Management in 1989. As a National Hispanic Scholar, she earned a Juris Doctor degree from the University of New Mexico in 1993, graduating with honors in clinical law.
Torres is currently the chair of the Judicial Performance Evaluation Commission (JPEC) and served as the president of the New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association Board of Directors in 2008-2009. She was selected for the 2011 – 2013 editions of Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers and holds an AV rating. She was named one of the Best Lawyers in America annually from 2005-2015 as well as a Southwest Super Lawyer annually from 2007-2014. In addition, she serves as an instructor for the National Institute for Trial Advocacy.
Distinctions and Honors
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® rated
- Selected for the 2011 & 2013 Inaugural edition of Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers
- Selected as one of the Best Lawyers in America for 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014
- Selected as a Southwest Super Lawyer for 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy Instructor